This is a great opportunity for an experienced Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant (you have to have at least four plus passed exams in CIMA or ACCA under your belt and actively pursuing full qualification) to join an Investments Division within a close-knit team in the heart of London. The client is a well-established financial and investments services company, and they are looking for an internal/in-house Accountant to join their friendly professional team. This role reports to the Finance Manager.
- Assisting with financial strategy and planning, financial monitoring, management and reporting, and development of internal accounting policies, systems, processes and personnel
- Assistance with the design of, and input in, investment underwriting models
- Delivering bookkeeping, statutory reporting (financial statements, VAT returns, corporate income and, as applicable, trade tax returns, etc.) and other compliance, pursuant to regulatory and legal requirements, including payroll (including taxes and social security)
- Deliver monthly/quarterly/annual management accounts across various entities
- Assisting with the annual budgeting process
- Oversee, train, provide guidance and receive feedback to/from junior staff
- Building effective working relationships internally and with external service providers
- Other areas of responsibility include office operations, insurance and major supplier relationships.
- University graduate from a UK-recognised institution is preferred
- Professional accounting qualification of ACA or ACCA or CIMA – qualified or part-qualified and actively pursuing full qualification
- Preferably 2 plus years of experience within an Accounting / Finance / Treasury / Audit Department / Fin Analytics
- Organised and able to handle a wide range of responsibilities with minimal supervision
- IT literate with strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAGE knowledge
- Languages: English (required) and Russian (required) and/or German (preferred)
- Amazing team to work with – friendly management and flat office hierarchy
- 9-5.30 office hours, no overtime – healthy working environment
- Salary and bonus structure, plus corporate benefits
- 25 plus 8 days of holidays
- Beautiful Central London office location
- Stable job within a professional and friendly environment.