A private investment firm focused on acquiring control positions in asset-backed operating companies in Europe, the UK and the US is looking to advance its team and hire a Legal Associate to strengthen the legal department. Based in the heart of London, the firm is looking to expand its portfolio and diversify its investment strategy. As such, this is an exciting time to join the business and grow with the company.
The role will sit within the firm’s legal team reporting to the General Legal Counsel and VP. As part of a small nimble team, the role offers supportive experience and a high level of exposure (internally and externally).
- The successful candidate will be involved in a wide variety of front-office legal activities, including M&A; fundraisings and structuring; debt; NDAs; engagement letters; investor relations; KYC documentation and regulatory/compliance day-to-day commercial agreements review; employment processes and company secretarial.
- The candidate will also work very closely with the acquisitions team and be heavily involved in all M&A, fund and deal activity.
- This role reports directly to the General Counsel and Vice President and provides an excellent opportunity to work directly on live transactions and expand the candidate’s knowledge base significantly in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Excellent academic profile with a 2.1 degree or above from a top-tier institution
- Strong Corporate Finance experience and exposure to major transactions
- Numerate with an ability to understand financial models
- Hard working, driven and ambitious
- Can-dodo attitude, problem solver and solutions-oriented
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities, managing own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods
- Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision
- Secondment experience preferred
What is in it for me?
- A competitive salary and discretionary yet always payable bonus structure
- Corporate benefits
- Amazing office location in the heart of London
- Become a part of a dynamic team of work-hard-play-hard professionals
- Flat management structure with the opportunity to learn from the best in their field
- An opportunity to get more involved, take more responsibility and progress fast within your career
- Not ‘just a number’ type of role. Feel your potential – have a real say and contribute to the bottom line.